The Commissionerate for Afghan Refugees (CAR) KP is a government organization that provides humanitarian assistance and relief to Afghan refugees in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. CAR KP was established in 1979 and has played a key role in providing food, shelter, healthcare, education, and other essential services to millions of Afghan refugees over the past four decades.
CAR KP is currently providing basic services to refugees in 43 camps as well as urban areas for strengthening Social Cohesion and well-being among Afghan Refugees and Host Communities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
CAR KP's mandate includes:
- Camp Management/Administration
- Provision of health and education services
- Provision of psycho-social support
- Skills training for livelihood opportunities
- Helping refugees who decide voluntarily to return home
CAR KP is working to achieve its mandate through a variety of programs and initiatives to:
- Provide refugees with access to basic services such as healthcare, education, and water/sanitation.
- Provide educational and recreational opportunities for refugee children and youth.
- Provide mental health and psychosocial support to refugees.
- Provide skills training and other support to help refugees find employment.
- Provide assistance to refugees who decide to return home voluntarily.
CAR KP is committed to providing quality services to Afghan refugees and to helping them build a better future for themselves and their families.