2nd Phase Education Cell from Dec 1995 to March 2006
- The UNHCR had phased out all the 81 Middle and 7 Secondary Schools from their budget beyond 30/04/1995.
- All the Primary Schools (277) were handed over to GTZ/BEFARe on 1st January 1996.
- On the request of the elders of camps the Education Cell prepared PC-1 for re-activation of 81 Middle and 7 Secondary Schools out of SPA for two (02) Academic Sessions 10/12/1995 to 31/03/1998 amounting to Rs.59.706 Million.
- The SAFRON Ministry had approved the PC-1 and the Middle and Secondary Schools were re-activated out of SPA.
- Due to budget constraint all the Schools were closed down on 31st March 2006.
School's Statistics (1996-2006)
|No. of Schools||1996||2001||2006|
|Middle Schools (Boys)||55||67||44|
|Middle Schools (Girls)||-||18||13|
|Secondary Schools (Boys)||04||21||19|
|Secondary Schools (Girls)||-||03||02|
|Number of Teaching Staff||193||618||515|
Admission Cases/12th Grade Exam (1996-2006)
- 2395 Admission cases in respect of Afghan Refugee Students were processed during 1996-2006.
- From 1996 to 2004 a total number of students appeared in 12th Grade examination is 2269 and onward 2004 UNHCR has stopped the fund for 12th Grade Examination.
- 1339 cases in r/o AR Students for the award of DAFI scholarship were processed. Against which 1108 AR Students were granted the same.