3rd Phase of Education Cell from April 2006 till date
- In order to complete the Academic Session the local AR Community requested the CAR to allow them to run these schools on Self-help basis.
- Education Cell has started Provisional Registration of all the Afghan Citizen Educational Institutions in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- EMIS Section established in Education Cell and published a booklet regarding comprehensive Statistical record of 243 AR Educational Institutions.
- A project proposal for "Strengthening and support of 50 AR schools" was submitted to German Government in April 2008. Which was accepted and implementation started from October 2008. 390 teachers were accommodated benefiting 8848 students. The enrollment increased to 11858 in 2010.
Detail of AR Educational Institutions functioning in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- At present 437 AR Educational Institutions are monitored by Education Cell. These include:
- 243 Afghan Citizen Community Schools.
- 129 AR Primary Schools run by BEFARe funded by UNHCR.
- 15 AR Schools run IRC.
- 50 German Aided schools now run through self-help.